Peggy and Cathy I can't thank you enough for saving me hours/days of work
Everything appears to be fixed.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peggy Sorrell
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] missing source on report

  Pat, Just an FYI -- you do NOT have to go into each individual record to
"check the box" .  You can go to Options>Customize, (forgive me asut I am not
on my computer with Legacy loaded) but one of the tabs allows you to select
"add this detail/include on reports".  Once you click on that, it will run
through your entire data base and "click the box" so the detail now appears.
This is like a toggle on/toggle off switch.  If at some point you decide NOT to
include all that detail, you can remove the checked boxes in the same manner.
I don't know if that makes sense or not-- if not, contact me and when I am on
my computer with Legacy, I will walk through the specific steps and screens.

  Peggy S.

  Pat Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    A HA! I have the answer to the missing sources! I am only using
    "Sources", not "Details" so I have been entering all the
    information in "Sources" and UNCHECKING both "Add this DETAIL to
    the Source Citation on reports" and "Include this citation on
    reports" on the Details screen thinking that both applied to
    Details, not Sources. I'm in the process of going back through
    all the stuff I've added in the last couple of weeks and checking
    "Include this citation on reports". That will fix the problem.
    DUH! Guess it wouldn't bother anyone who is using Details, but
    it sure derailed me. This is a huge database (>than 16,000
    names) that I brought over from FTM. It's been fun and
    frustrating making the corrections and additions as I'm trying to
    learn my way around Legacy. On the bright side, keeps me young
    and out of trouble.