Kirsten,

I was able to duplicate this but only when I did the following:

1. I created an ancestor X
2. I added a marriage date and place but no spouse.
3. The Marriage wording tab of the marriage screen then used the default setting "X married someone" for an unknown spouse. 4. I ran an ancestor report and the X married someone wording was used with no name.
5. I closed the report
6. I added the missing spouse Y
7. When the marriage screen appeared I clicked the cancel button instead of save since the date and place were OK. I did not examine the Wording Tab. If I had looked at the wording tab I would have seen that the wording was now "married". 8. Because I cancelled the change to the marriage information the "married someone" wording was kept on the wording tab.
9. When I ran the ancestor report the wording was "X married someone Y".
10. After I edited the marriage and saved it without making any changes to the date/place the marriage wording tab was changed to "married" and the ancestor report wording became "X married Y".

Now for the 64$ question. Is that a BUG or user error?

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Kirsten Bowman wrote:
Keith:

As Ron responded, this was discussed on the list but not really resolved.
In my case, I had entered a woman's name and marriage date but no husband's
name.  When I later found and entered his name it appeared in Descendant
Book Reports just like your "Julia married someone Nelson Taylor."  It
appears that once the "someone" is triggered, entering a name later just
added it to the field but didn't override the "someone."

I don't know whether you've perhaps done the same thing, but I had to delete
the marriage date, location, and the husband's name and then add the husband
again *before* re-entering the marriage information.  That cleared the
"someone."

Kirsten