Jack and Kirsten,

I should have said in my original answer that initially I was NOT able to duplicate the problem.

My Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is to use the Save/Close Button on any screen in Legacy. When I first tested the problem I automatically used Save on the marriage information screen so the Wording Tab change made by Legacy from "married someone" (Unknown spouse) to "married" (known spouse) was saved and the reports read X married Y.

Legacy was, therefore trying to sort out the wording based on my addition of a spouse when the marriage screen was presented. My use of the Cancel button told Legacy not to make the change to the Wording Tab it was proposing. I did say that I had not reviewed the Wording Tab, if I had looked at that tab I would have seen that the wording was going to be changed to "married" instead of "married someone".

That was the reason why I asked the $64 question.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Jack Earnshaw wrote:
Brian

My 2p worth

I'd suggest that because of your action at "7" below that the effect is a
bug. You had the info correct already and so were OK in doing a cancel from
the marriage screen. The wording options should sort themselves out (unless
you had overridden them). I don't think it should matter really if you
- add spouse
- add marriage details

Or - add marriage details
- add spouse

I've sometimes had to do the second method when I've been told the
date/place of a person's marriage and then had to go back to my source to
get the spouse' name

Jack