Frank,

Between Paragraph 1 and 2 of your description of what you did there is a missing step. you should have mentioned that after reviewing the files in your browser you uploaded those files to your web pages using an FTP program. Legacy does not automatically send the web page files from your computer to your web server.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

Frank Saragosa wrote:
Thanks for your reply.  Here's what I do:
I open Legacy from my desktop.  I went through the steps to remove a name. I
clicked on the "internet" button on the taskbar.  On the menu, I click
"create web page". and I get the "web page creation" window.  On that
window, I get the message "This project already contains web pages.  Would
you like to delete all files from c:\program files\legacy\web\family
history\?"   I click on "yes".  I then get the message "generating web pages
for individuals."  followed by "web page creation is complete."  I am then
asked, "Would you like to see web pages in your browser?"  I  click "yes".
 When I view the pages on the browser, there is no instance of the name I
removed.

I close out Legacy and go to my web page.  There, I click on the Legacy
link.  The name I removed is gone from the "list of names".  However, to my
dismay, the name appears when I go to the person's father.    His brother,
whom I did not delete, and he, whom I did delete, appear in the father's
"family links" box.   When I click on the deleted name, I get his page with
his information.

When I open Legacy from my desktop and check, again, there is no instance of
the deleted name.  It's frustrating, especially because I cannot go back and
redo the removal process -- the name does not appear in Legacy.  Except, of
course, when accessed from the website.

In addition, I have manually uploaded (FTP) the legacy index file and the
above noted family history file.  All to no avail.

I reinstalled Legacy Deluxe 5.0, but that didn't help either.

I hope you or another can help me solve this problem.  I have no idea why
the person wants his name removed (it shows only his parents, brother, and
birth year), but he does; and I want to honor his request.

Thanks

fs