Or if you select a new source using the source writer "Generic", " generic manuscript", try entering anything at all the Collection Field. Then it appears to create a Blank source??? in the source list. I tried it twice and there are 3 blank lines at top of my source list. If you run Master List cleanup, it removes the blank lines.

Also, I have an event Physical Description. I have edited the sentence as and removed the location by removing the check mark. It looks like this

[onDate] [HeShe] was described as [Desc].[Sources] [Notes]

It prints like

He was described as being of medium height, medium build, grey eyes, and light brown hair on 12 Sep 1918.

Instead of

On 12 Sep 1918 he was described as being of medium...

It works fine on my other events where I have change the sentence definition. The only difference on this one is that I'm not using the location field.

Also, something that never happened before. I'm entering a new person. Down in the burial field, I messed up what I was entering. I used to be able to hit the escape button which would erase everyting in the field, instead of backspacing or deleting every character in the field. Now, if I hit escape, instead of a blank field, it takes me out of the screen and all the information is gone, name, dob, dod, events, etc. Maybe I shouldn't have been doing this??

Today, I have run File Maintenance Check/Repair numerous times, I have run Master Lists cleanup numerous times. I have spent long periods of time trying to enter new sources due to the Runtime Error 5.

I have loved Legacy since the day I started using it. I still love the things it can do, but I am getting really tired of the time I spend "Maintaining" my database. I want to do genealogy and not database repairs. I don't want to be negative and I'm trying to stay positive and keep hoping that it will improve, but right now, I am at my wit's end. I am under a deadline and 3 hours of valuable time has been spent trying to make things work. I am at a loss. Maybe I'm just having a really bad day?!?!

Vivian