I have somehow lost my original email and the replies to it, but I was told
by someone that to get scanned docs into Legacy I need Optical Reader
software (which makes sense) and that I could find free ones for download.
After a lot of searching on Google I was never able to find completely free
software - "free" usually becomes "free trial period" or "donation
required", etc. I finally ordered "SIMPLE OCR" - the free version with an
obligatory $25 donation. After downloading & installing - it does not work!
I called them and they do *not* support the free version. After some
discussion they agreed to refund the $25. So I am back to square one. I
really do not want to re-type all these records if there is a better way. I
would welcome and all any further ideas or suggestions. How do the rest of
you folks do it?

Bill Rhodes