SgtBob wrote
My Hope - Is there any table, when viewing a 'Bob1.fdb' (I have a multitude of backups thank goodness), in Access that would permit me to enter/alter the File ID? I have looked at my 'tblSX' and observe that there are a number of items that look like my MRIN+number data under the column entitled 'Filing Ref' . This appears to be a possible opportunity to correct my errors. Is it possible that changing/correcting/entering the current File Id number (noted as my MRIN+number) in this column might accomplish my goal? If not, please suggest a solution.

I'm fairly certain you have found the right field. There is a fairly simple way to check - which will work in pretty much any situation where you want to check if you are entering information where you want it to be.

In tblSX find a record which is easily identifiable - ie one that you can easily locate in Legacy. Type something really obvious into the Filing Ref field in that record, such as QUERY or TESTING, for example. Now go back to Legacy, find the Individual using that Source Detail and look to see if the word you entered has appeared in the Filing Reg field.

If it has - success! If it hasn't, look around to see where it has appeared so you know what that field is for next time - but I don't think you'll need to do that. If it has worked, go back to Access and remove your "test word" and carry on filling in your references.
--
Jenny M Benson