From: michael barberi <michaelbarb...@yahoo.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2009 6:48:33 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Moving Street Addresses and Location Names from Location

Ron:

Thanks for responding.  My main point was that there is no single place in Legacy that deals with migration
patterns of ancestors.  I believe that this information is very important if someone wants to understand such
issues.  Therefore, having a complete history of locations and addresses of individuals throughout their
lifetime (in one place) can be created through an "broad" Event, such as Residence History.  In one
"click" on your mouse or in a print out of an individual's genealogy data, you can see
"at-a-glance" the most important information summarize appropriately.  You can then compare such
migration information to other family members, etc.  Patterns will emerge that will enable you to write a
great family story.

It would be great if Legacy could develop a migration capability so that we all
could see a migration pattern plotting chart.  It would be also interesting to
overlay one individual's migration pattern on to other family members
information.  Hence, one could view a complete family's migration history.  Any
thoughts?

Mike Barberi

In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus autem caritas. In essentials unity, in doubtful things liberty, but in all things love. St. Augustine (A.D. 354 - 430)