Paula,

I primarily use the Family Group Report.  I've found that this helps
me to see how my Events and Sources will appear in other reports.  The
other reports I use the most are the Ancestor Report and the
Descendant Report, depending on who's asking for information.

I'm still in "Search and Source" mode for most of my lines, so I
haven't tackled the bigger Book Reports yet.

I use the Pedigree Report for my files, just to keep a handle on who
fits where in the tree, since I'm working on my family as well as my
husband's.

I've certainly learned that I tend to make things more complex than
they need to be and I'm trying to work on that.  That's why I'm
willing to learn from the long-time pros in the LUG!

Dede

P.S.  My 24 year old son's favorite is the Ancestor Fan Chart, from
Legacy Charting.  He didn't really care about genealogy until I
printed his for the first time.  It was an "AHA" moment for him!