From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of BMcL Robinson
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 7:43 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] GEDCOMs From Legacy

Hi Kirsten

The tags you are using for names are (as in a Legacy 7 generated gedcom
viewed in Notepad) for example:

0 @Ixxx@ INDI
1 NAME Joe /Bloggs/
2 GIVN Joe
2 SURN Bloggs
1 NAME Joseph /Blogs/
2 GIVN Joseph
2 SURN Blogs

There may be other tags interspersed for sources etc where applicable, but
essentially there is simply a repeat of the name, given name and surname
tags for each name/AKA. I have looked at other gedcoms and seen only the
level 1 NAME tag, so obviously the gedcom structure does not rely on the
level 2 name tags to work. If you exclude the level 2 GIVN and 2 SURN tags
then you should still get the repeat of level 1 NAME tag for each name/AKA.
The AKA does not use a different tag from the "main" name in a gedcom file.

Cheers, Brett