Sorry, June, but you have now lost me - not too difficult btw.

I thought that you did not know which way to go, rather than having specific problems, both Bruce and Jenny have given different ways, which I though would have answered your question.

If you are having a specific problem for which either of these ways do not work then please give a detailed example of the Location and how you are trying to change it, what the outcome you require is and what you are getting. We may then be able to help.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England

June Chan wrote:
I wait with baited breath to find out what I am doing wrong..........

Thanks for the search and replace suggestion Jenny.

Regards

June

What I would do is each time across a location with, say, UK that I
wanted to be United Kingdom(*) is use Search and Replace, selecting
Lists - Location for the "Find where".  Then repeat for Lists -
Location Short and Lists - Location Sorted.

(*) Except, of course, that I wouldn't have used UK or United
Kingdom in a location name!  Oh dear, I'm afraid you might have set
Ron off again!!!
--
Jenny M Benson