William H. Boswell wrote:
I'm using the 2000 version which is very old so maybe that's why nobody else
is getting these.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird and it also has a means to ignore read receipts and I never see them. Ignoring them is always the best policy as spammers and phishers will utilize them to verify a live email address which they then hammer and sell to other spammers.

If you can not turn off automatic responses to read receipts in Outlook 2000 I would strongly suggest changing your email client to Thunderbird or any other client that allows this. I suggest Thunderbird because it is free and works very well.

--
Gene Y.
http://myyoungs.atspace.com/index.htm