From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of Gene Young
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 1:47 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Read Receipt for Message

William H. Boswell wrote:
> I'm using the 2000 version which is very old so maybe that's why nobody
else
> is getting these.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird and it also has a means to ignore read
receipts and I never see them.  Ignoring them is always the best policy
as spammers and phishers will utilize them to verify a live email
address which they then hammer and sell to other spammers.

If you can not turn off automatic responses to read receipts in Outlook
2000 I would strongly suggest changing your email client to Thunderbird
or any other client that allows this.  I suggest Thunderbird because it
is free and works very well.

--
Gene Y.
http://myyoungs.atspace.com/index.htm