>I’ve always believed that the Window gadget “X” makes the same calls as
>“File/Exit”. Can you cite any reference to MS saying different.

It depends on how they are programmed. One application where they
apparently don't do the same thing is Firefox.

As a general rule of thumb, applications that can only run as a single
window SHOULD BE PROGRAMMED to exhibit the same behavior for each of
these events. Whether they have been is another question.

***

To answer Leo's question ... Legacy probably only saves the window
location/dimensions when it is shut down properly. If he changed
something, then ran Set Relationships and had to kill Legacy, the
settings never get saved. Anyway, that's my guess using the minimal info
Leo provided.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools