On 2010/04/26 23:20, Ron Ferguson wrote:

> It's just one of those things which I picked up when learning the ins and
> outs of Windows years ago. However, I can assure you that this has also been
> my experience over many years. I am regularly resizing, mainly after using
> the Windows split screen, and whilst some programs seem to do the resizing
> themselves most do not.

I'll back you up on that one, Ron. From memory, the various methods of
causing the program to terminate, generate different commands within the
program. These then can cause termination of the program via different
code paths in the program, depending on how they have been coded. Thus,
it is quite possible for the Windows Close button (the red X in the top
right corner) to cause termination by the quickest possible route,
avoiding any actions that might work against that aim.

You'll have to take whatever Millennia says as gospel on this one. If
they say it doesn't matter how you terminate the program, then it
doesn't matter. Ken?

--
Regards,
Mike Fry