I have the same problem,  for now I add to the persons' general notes
something like
BIRTH-  the day of month is from K90B002 [my document coding scheme]
when this is from a different source than what I have in teh SOURCE
information.
I'm thinking of moving this kind of note to the Research Notes, as I
anticipate when I publish to a wide audience, I will not include research
notes.
Todd.