From: Jerry
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:56 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] PLACE NAMES

Scott, I'm interested in what Ron will have to say on that also.  But a lot of
us use Legacy to maintain our database, but also use something akin to TNG -
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding to create a website.  With TNG,
place names are sorted according to the divisions used, separated by commas,
but I believe you could use however many divisions you want.  But if you were
to use:

Southhampton, Hampshire County, England, UK
Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA
The result would be that England would sort with Illinois in a place list.

Ron, I'm just wondering why you would even want to put UK there at all?  (It's
a kingdom, not a country, right?)Â  Â Â  Anyway, I've been putting:

Southampton, Hampshire County, , England
(Whether you actually have States in England, I don't know, but by using a
blank division between commas, I force the list to put all the countries
together in the alphabetical place list.

Just another thought...    --Jerry