But unless the "event" took place in the modern UK, why would you even consider
putting it into the location field?  The country such as England should be the
last entry in the location field.  So my grandmother was born in 1881 in:

     Saint Vincent Villa, Lynton, Devon, England

And yes, although I am in the US and the majority of my locations are in the
US, I have chosen to completely ignore the 4-field location format.  This same
grandmother is buried in:

     Elmlawn Cemetery - 3939 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, Erie County, New York,
USA

In addition, I always record the event location as it was at the time of the
event.  I have entries for events that took place in each of the following
locations (listed latest to oldest), although they each mean the same place,
just at different times of history when the event took place:

Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA
Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan Territory, USA
Detroit, Wayne County, Indiana Territory, USA
Detroit, Wayne County, Northwest Territory, USA
Detroit, British North America
Fort Ponchartrain du Detroit, New France

Each of these is entered separately in my Locations master list.

This works for me but let's all keep in mind that Legacy is very flexible in
almost all aspects.  What works for me might not work for you!

Mary