Hi, Cheryl,

Legacy is designed with both a Master Source and Source Detail.  Think of the
Master Source as a book, and the Source Detail as a page in that book.

While it is possible to set up a Master Source to be just one person's death
certificate, I don't "split" sources to that extreme.  Instead, I have a Master
Source for Missouri Death Certificates, another for Washington State Death
Certificates, etc.  Then, I only have to change the Source Detail (the person,
date, etc.), like I would enter a different page in a book.

If you set up each person's death certificate as a Master Source, you will
still be prompted for a Source Detail, although all you need to do is click on
Save.  That's just the way the program works.

My guess is you didn't realize/remember it was a 2-step process when you set up
your first use of that source.

Connie