On 2010/11/12 17:11, Richard Van Wasshnova wrote:
>> From Family View clicking on to Name List icon for some people doesn't
> work properly.
> This works normally for 90% of my individuals. For about 10% if I am
> in Family View and click the Name List icon it takes me to the top of
> the Name List. Actually it depends on where the cursor was in the name
> list. If cursor was in #: it does go to the correct person. If cursor
> was in Given: it takes me to someone with no first name (scroll bar is
> at top of given name list). If cursor was in Surname: it takes me to
> someone with no surname (scroll bar is at top of surname list).
> File Check / Repair doesn't fix it. I can fix any one individual by
> editing and saving name, then changing it back to original name. I can
> fix all by exporting to Legacy file and then importing. I'm reluctant
> to use this export/import fix as it resets the "Modified Date" and
> marks everyone as "Imported" among other things.
> Has anyone else ever had this problem? An y ideas for a fix.

Yes! I think it happens when you've added new people to the file. They don't
immediately appear in the Index or Name lists. You have to force a sort of the
list first. Got to the Number/RIN/MRIN field, then back to your Surname field.
The names should then auto-magically appear.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry