Jean,

I avoid most source overrides.  Partly this is because I can almost always
figure out how to make a template work in a way that is consistent with what EE
suggests, and partly because there were issues with source overrides when the
SourceWriter templates first came out.  I can't remember the specifics, but
there were problems with details printing properly in subsequent citations,
particularly if the Source was overridden at the Master Source level.  See, for
example, this discussion between Ward Walker and me from March, 2009:

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/msg37834.html

and

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/msg37852.html

While I think some of the problems have been fixed in more recent builds, I'm
not convinced they all have, particularly since it was apparently by design
that source details would not print in subsequent citations if the source was
overridden at the Master Source level.

This is probably as clear as mud, but wanted to give you a "heads up" that this
may still be a problem before you get too far down the road using overrides.

Connie