Ward,

This is an excellent idea which I hope would be relatively easy to implement.
I have no desire to abandon Legacy, but there is a competitor I'd like to use
for some purposes.  I'm essentially "trapped" in Legacy because I have many
sources written in SourceWriter and they are completely garbled when exported
to GEDCOM.  For that matter, they are garbled if reimported from GEDCOM into
Legacy.

Now that this issue is getting publicity on a rather widely read blog, I hope
it will be higher on the "to fix" list.

Connie