I broke my own rule about never doing anything that requires importing into my
main database, and while the merge went more smoothly than I anticipated, I
have an issue that I would like to prevent, if possible, on the next batch.

I exported my database into RootsMagic, primarily to test their new(er)
Research Notes Summary report.  Long story, but I entered a fair amount of data
into RM4 that I now want in Legacy.  I selected 3 generations of descendants of
two couples (the families I'd added to/changed in RM4), created a gedcom of
those individuals, and imported into a new copy of my Legacy db.  I then used
Manual Merge, although for some entries, I allowed intellipass (or whatever its
called) to do its thing for the people who met the 6 identical criteria.

I knew my sources would be mangled, but I did not anticipate that I would have
DUPLICATE sources.  For events with sources in my original Legacy database, I
now have the same source attached twice to that event.  (I had not made any
changes to these sources in RM4).  I'm noticing it only with Basic sources, but
I think that's because I didn't re-import anyone with SourceWriter sources.  I
suspect it's happening because the export from RM/import to Legacy process puts
the entire source (except source name and details) in the Title field, while my
original Legacy source may be spread out between author, title, and publication
fields.  [The duplicate sources have identical source names and details].

What I don't understand is why the Merge process didn't give me the option of
comparing the source on the left with the source on the right like it does with
notes, names, locations, dates, etc.  Or does it do that and I somehow
overlooked it?

Is there anything I can do to prevent this happening in the future?

Hint, Hint:  If Legacy would develop a Research Notes report option (source
detail text and comments in chronological order by person or family, rather
than buried in footnotes/endnotes), I wouldn't have to deal with this silliness.

Connie