Julia wrote:

> Every time I add a source, I am always tripped up whether to put
> details of the document in the source text field or the details text
> field. Once the difference between the two and how do you use them?

Play around with the options and then decide what you want to do based upon how
the various reports print.

Currently, I put abstracts/extracts/transcriptions in the Event Notes field,
not in either Source field you mentioned.  That is because I want to see the
actual information I have about the person in chronological order in the body
of my reports (not relegated to footnotes/endnotes), and I want "clean"
footnotes/endnotes.  If Legacy ever develops a report similar to RootsMagic's
Research Notes Report, I will put the abstracts/extracts/transcriptions in the
Source Detail Text field.

As is often mentioned on this list, the beauty of Legacy is it's flexibility,
allowing each user to customize it to his/her needs and preferences.

Connie