From: salude...@aol.com <salude...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Location for Bristol England
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 6:18 PM

The US also has names for small areas.   Some that you'll never find on a
map.  Usually areas outside of official  "city limits".  I know some of these
areas in my vicinity, but in other  areas, I wouldn't have a clue because
most aren't even documented.  Census  records do mention some.

For instance, Groves Patch was a small community  outside of Massillon,
Ohio.  They had a Massillon address because they were  in the postal (mail)
region.  I include "Groves Patch"  because it  pinpoints an area.  It then
becomes a 5 field address.

When I  started adding my husband's English ancestry, I wisely listened to
Ron F. and  dropped the 4 field setup.  =)

When searching addresses, if you  invert the order, it's very easy to
locate places.

Sally

In a  message dated 8/24/2011 7:03:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,