The problem isn't with just that year date, it is happening throughout Legacy.
I type as
17 Jun 1938-9   or 17 Jun 1938/9    and it shows up as....  0009-17 Jun 1938 .
Just the input of a year it does not change.  All the date slots.. Born, Bapt,
Died, Buried is effected.

I have looked in all the options for dates, changed the date.
I have tried changing:
"Dates displayed as"
"Month Format"
"Separators for numeric dates" are checked on dash but changing this box to
anything else does not fix the problem.
"Input format "

The "Double Date" cutoff is not checked.
"Date Checking" is not checked.

I have ran the File Maintenance/Check/repair.  Still there.

I have closed everything out, shut the computer down, but still there when I
turn the computer back on.

I am unable to enter any information into any date slot without this date mess
showing up.
Beth

On 2011/09/22 05:31, Beth wrote:
> As for the date that won't change.... I did notice my calendar was lite up
 but nothing in it helped but I do know it is not usually lite. Yes, I used
 the slash when adding a birth date as  '7 Jan 1693/4' but came out as
 1693/94.  I have used that form before with no problem.  I orginially typed 7
 Jan 1693/94.  Typing now and should be:  7 Jan 1694  but goes back to the
 1693/94 each time.
That's correct! In 1752, the calendar as used within the British Empire - and
he USA was part of that at that time - changed from the Julian to the
regorian. Conventionally, dates in the pre-1752 period ran from 25 March to the
ollowing 24 March. Thus, after the calendar change, there was a problem in
nowing which year a date in January and February was actually in. Was it 1693
r was it 1694. To help people know, a convention of double-dating was devised.
his is what you see with a date like 7 Jan 1693/94. The fact that you're
ntering the date as 7 Jan 1693/4 is neither here nor there, the conventional
epresentation uses two digits for the second year, hence 1693/94.
--
egards,
ike Fry

egacy User Group guidelines:
ttp://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
rchived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
ttp://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/
rchived messages from old mail server - before Nov. 21 2009:
ttp://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/
nline technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
ollow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on our
log (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).