From: gambol <gam...@juno.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Mon, February 13, 2012 6:51:07 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 7.5 and source citation import?

 Ward, Yes this is similar.  Your comments led me to the Options > Customize >
Source tab > Source Detail Defaults. I had the first three boxes checked and
then discovered the Reset buttons cycle through each source and source text
and list them as one line in the reports.   This is exactly what I was looking
for, it's a shave the program does not do this as default.

My last huddle is to get Legacy to ignore its Subsequent Citations format as
there are many times when a census is used as source for a persons' name,
approximate birth year and birth state.   The individual's name should appear
under Legacy's Name Event, and the year, state would appear under the Birth
Event. What is desirable is to have two footnotes with the same source info; one
having the name as detail and the second having year, state as detail.

Are you aware of an option that allows each footnote to appear with its own
text? The truncation as it appears in the Subsequent Citations could happen any
where in the footnote/endnote printout and the second, etc, usage could be for
another person.  This leads to confusion on the reader's part.

Leonard