On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:31:48 -0000, "Jack Earnshaw"
<j...@jearnshaw.me.uk> wrote:

>Is it possible to, effectively, "copy & paste" a person to create a second
>person with the same name and details?
>
>I have an ancestor where I have now discovered that I have made a mistake.
>His mother was Martha Earnshaw, but not the one I thought it was. Part of
>the data refers to the correct person and part of it refers to the incorrect
>one. Rather than create a new person and copy across the required data from
>the other one and then delete the incorrect data from the original person,
>it would be nice to be able to just duplicate everything and then
>selectively delete the bits that refer to the other person.

The only way I can think of doing this is:

1) Create a new empty database.
2) Open in "Split Screen View" your original database. Now you have the
   empty database in one MDI window and the original database in the
   other.
3) Drag-n-drop the person you want to copy from the original database to
   the new empty database.
4) Now drag-n-drop the person in the new database back to the old.

I haven't tried this, so let us know if it works.

--

Dennis Kowallek (LTools/Custom Programming)
http://zippersoftware.com/ltools/index.htm

NOTE TO LUG USERS: Use plain text if you want me to read your post.