From: "Brian/Support" <br...@legacyfamilytree.com>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Migration of Data/photos.

Les,

Suppress details for living is just that, and a picture is a detail.
They will not print with suppress details turned on.

The jpg vs jpeg question, is so far as I know an issue with people who
use web pages and want their files on their web server named with the
*.jpeg extension (a legal form for the file name) instead of *.jpg.
Legacy converts all images used on web pages to the Joint Photographic
Engineering Group (JPEG) format from all other formats such as tiff, bmp
etc. that are recognized in Legacy. It then stores that converted file
with the .jpg extension in the web page project pictures folder and all
webpages link to that copy of the file. If a user has linked a *.jpeg
file to someone then that file is copied to the web page folder and
renamed .jpg.

The tiff issue is related more to the overall size of a tiff file versus
the more compact formats such as jpeg. With a lot of tiff images linked
to your file the need to process and display those large images can
cause performance problems. The same issue can arise with any bitmap
non-compressed format such as bmp as well. For normal use in Legacy we
usually recommend making a copy of your image file as a jpeg format
which is much smaller and has more than adequate quality for printing in
reports and display on your monitor.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation