When you click on the Icon for adding a picture to an individual in your
db, you get a window that says at the top, "Media Gallery for...." That
designation does seem to imply that it is a central place for all media
information, but the central place has been given the name "Picture
Center."  These are the same as it is in Legacy 7. If I understood
correctly, that this was part of the issue for you, please know that my
response is intended to be a friendly one.

Joseph Leavitt