One thing I did not see mentioned is that in the "Name" list of people
in your data, you can select the option to use the husband's surname as
a second entry for the wife. Then you can find the wife with her
"married" name. I keep that option set most of the time. I remember many
people by their given name but not by their surname or married name, so
I use the given name fairly often to find people in my data. Having the
married name for wives is a big help.

I do not see any need to have "Jane Doe as an AKA".

Jay