Thanks to the people who checked for duplicate ID numbers and did not
find a software problem.

I did go to the "Sample" data base.

Checked for duplicate ID numbers and none found.

Went to the customize option and used the option to clear all ID
numbers, none found.

Used the option to use the prefix JMI and the RIN number to set ID
numbers for all.

220 set.

Used the "clear all", says cleared 160!

Set the ID numbers again, the same way, says 160 set.

Cleared again, 160 cleared.

Name list says contains 160 individuals

Ran the merge duplicate ID numbers again, none found.

The 220 set, 160 cleared, 160 set, 160 cleared indicates there is a
software problem.

Would appreciate it if some of you would try this on the Sample data
base. I am beginning to suspect that I may have a "bad" Legacy usr file
or something.

I Tried this on an old Legacy 7.5 file and had similar results as for
the Legacy 8 Sample file.

62,168 Individuals in file
50,837 duplicate ID numbers
61,503 cleared (all)