From: Alexa [mailto:alexapedig...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 2:50 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] How to prevent Legacy updates?

I'd like to know how to prevent automatic updates/upgrades to Legacy 8. I've
only had the program for about two weeks, am still learning it, and tonight, I
attempted to add more people and discovered there has been an update that has
made dramatic changes to the interface (ribbon?)!

I want don't want automatic updates. How can I stop them?

I was using Legacy 7.5 which I like so much better, but somewhere along the
line it updated (or upgraded) so much that I couldn't transfer my old file to a
new computer. My old computer broke before I could make a new gedcom, and my
new computer couldn't read my file that I had stored on an external hard drive
because even though I have the program disk for Legacy 7.5, the
updates/upgrades are no longer available online, and the file was no longer
compatible with Legacy 7.5.

I had to buy Legacy 8 to read my file. Now the darn thing is already
updating/upgrading without my permission and has made dramatic changes to the
program.

Please Help!!!

Thanks.

Alexa    <http://mail.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/40.gif>
Genealogical research since 1974

Ancestral hauntings - I ain't afraid-a no ghosts...