I don't believe an adoption was needed if there was a fathers name on
the birth certificate.

And certainly if he raised you and was Dad I would put his line in
your tree perhaps with a note that he wasn't bio but Dad (if you feel
he was) Many sperm donor children are in this position.
Eliz
Not Today and Not without a Fight
(Anon)

For all that has been, thanks.