okay, thanks Brian and Michele.
Barton

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 08:36 AM, Michele/Support wrote:

I agree.  I only use the main URL for the website such as
https://familysearch.org <https://familysearch.org>  or
http://www.ancestry.com <http://www.ancestry.com>

Michele
Technical Support
mich...@legacyfamilytree.com <mailto:mich...@legacyfamilytree.com>
www.legacyfamilytree.com <http://www.legacyfamilytree.com>

From: Brian L. Lightfoot [mailto:br...@the-lightfoots.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:27 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] SourceWriter: internet > database

Just one word (or paragraph) of caution about trying to supply specific
URLs to these records that are part of a larger database collection. I
have seen many such repositories occasionally change their internal file
location structure so that while the URL to the home page which
typically contains a “search the database” utility tends to not change,
the specific URLs to the records themselves can and usually does change.
In other words, you might be better served if you only reference the URL
to the repository itself and let future researchers that want to view a
specific record within that repository then use whatever search
mechanisms are available to them at that future date. I suppose this can
all be summed in in Murphy’s 7th Law of the Universe: two things will
change in the future, your looks and Internet URLs.

Brian in CA

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and
on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).