Thanks Cathy I will try that.

I did try the other way but it didn’t work so will have a go at this.

If unsuccessful – then will just slowly go through them and make the change.

Kind regards - June

From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Cathy Pinner
Sent: Thursday, 10 March 2016 3:02 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Census Dates

June,
To get the age calculated and the order right in the chronology, you have to
have the date in the date field, so other work around solutions won't work.
I've found a way using Search and Replace to replace a blank date field but I
don't think you're going to get enough information on the screen to be able to
decide if it's one you want to fill or not. You're just told it's a census.
If you did an Event report just for census (From View - Master Lists - Event
... - tag Census and do the report for only tagged events) that would help
unless you'd entered more than one census for the person. Save the report as a
pdf so you can search it to check as you do the search and replace. It may be
quicker.

Anyway, in case you can use it,
Search > Search and Replace
Find where: Dates-Event
Find what: [don't enter anything]
Replace with: 5 Apr 1891

It tells you which Event it's found with a blank date so you can skip those
that aren't Census and check those that are Census.

Cathy