On 10 Mar 2016 at 12:07, Hannigan Family Research wrote:

> First, does Legacy 8 have the option to use a different system than the
> 'Record Number' pattern, like the Dollarhide system, the Register
> system, the NGSQ system or the Ahnentafel system within a particular
> tree?  If so, where do you set it? If not, should it?

Legacy allows you to select the numbering system used for descendant reports
when you print the report.

> Second, how do other Legacy genealogy researchers use the 'numbering
> systems' available to them? I want to take an informal survey to see if
> there is much consideration given the numbering system for genealogical
> research.

I, like most South African genealogists, use the de Villiers/Pama system,
which uses letters for generations and numbers for birth order.

Legacy offers that as an option.

--
Keep well,
Steve Hayes