I use the place holder so I know I am dealing with an Independent
city. From Wikipedia <G>

There are 41 independent cities in the United States. Of these, 38 are
in Virginia. They are called 'independent' because they are not in the
territory of any county or counties. Independent cities in Virginia
may, however, serve as county seats for neighboring counties.

The three independent cities outside of Virginia are Baltimore,
Maryland; St. Louis, Missouri; and Carson City, Nevada.
I have a lot of family in Virginia <G>
Eliz
Not Today and Not without a Fight
(Anon)