If your data was in a recent version of FTM (2012 or 2014) you should find all
your sources, citations, and media transferring to Legacy via the GEDCOM.
Yesterday I completed reviewing, cleaning up, and co mbining some duplicates of
my database (500+ sources and 24,000 citations). I use the 'grouping' method
vs. the 'splitting' method for sources/citations.

First, if you have any descriptions of a source (in FTM, Edit Source dialog,
'Comments' text box) that information will transfer from FTM, but is turned on
during the transfer and marked 'include in reports' in Legacy. You can turn off
those source descriptions (Comments) via Options > Customize > 7. Sources > 7.2
Master Source Defaults (the second check box, turn on and apply, then turn off
and again apply).

Sources from FTM are transferred not as FTM templates in the GEDCOM, but as
'free form'. I kept my sources as free form, however I edited each source by
adding Type (for example, Birth Index or Birth Records, depending upon the
source of the records) and other appropriate information in the Master Source
Definition. I prefer descriptions for each source, so I use (and updated as
needed) on Legacy's Comments tab. FTM did not always identify (depending upon
template) a Repository, so I added those were missing and included a url for
the source in the Call Number text box on the Repository tab. For books, I
added title and legal page scans to the Media tab.

When I completed reviewing and updating or changing my database's sources (some
sources were a dozen years old, going back two levels of previously used
genealogy software), I found about 30 sources that could be combined. With
Legacy that is easy from the Master Source List (highlight a source and click
'Combine Highlighted Source with Another in List', select the source to combine
the first with and click 'Highlight Destination Source, Then Click this
Button').

As you have specific questions as you clean up your FTM data for use in Legacy,
let the list know. Help is quickly available.

Denise