With the ever expanding digital resources available today we can find
evidence of kinship in military records often neglected. Records such as
pensions, service records, medical records, and even pension payment
records are increasingly available. However, our need to ensure that we
conduct “reasonably exhaustive research” required by the Genealogical Proof
Standard (GPS) will often times require research in original textual
records. This webinar, presented by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA and hosted by
the Board for Certification of Genealogists
<http://www.bcgcertification.org/> will focus on finding kinship
information in both online and textual military records.

Learn about BCG's previous webinars at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg
<http://www.familytreewebinars.com/bcg>.

Join us and Rick Sayre for the live webinar Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at
8pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. *Registration
is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that
day.* Before
joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of
Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a
message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit,
so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the
webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.

*Download the syllabus*

In preparation for the webinar, download the supplemental syllabus
materials here
<http://familytreewebinars.com/webinar_details.php?webinar_id=489>.

[image: Registerbut]
<http://familytreewebinars.com/webinar_details.php?webinar_id=489>

Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here
<http://familytreewebinars.com/upcoming-webinars-multireg.php>.

*Not sure if you already registered?*

Login <http://familytreewebinars.com/webinar_details.php?webinar_id=416> to
view your registration status for this webinar (available for annual or
monthly webinar subscribers).

*Test Your Webinar Connection*

To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here
<http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Webinar/help_files/G2W060001?title=Test+Your+Connection+before+Your+Session%7D>
.

*Can't make it to the live event?*

No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar
Subscribers <http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/memberships-c11.php> have
unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their
membership.

*About the presenter*

[image: RickSayre-144x144]Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, is a long-time
researcher and instructor in genealogical topics. Rick is also a retired
colonel having served 31 years in the U.S. Army. He coordinates the Using
Maps in Genealogy course at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical
Research, and instructs in the Advanced Methodology, Techniques and
Technology, and Advanced Military courses. Rick and his wife Pam coordinate
the advanced land course and Researching in Washington, DC, without Leaving
Home offered by the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) and the
advanced land course at Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh
(GRIP). Rick co-coordinates with Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL, the Law School
for Genealogists at GRIP and the FHL Law Library course at SLIG. He also
lectures at national conferences and presents nationwide seminars. His
areas of expertise encompass records of the National Archives, the Bureau
of Land Management, and the Daughters of the American Revolution, including
military records, land records, using maps in genealogy, urban research,
and government documents. Rick is experienced in the localities of western
Pennsylvania and Ohio. Rick is also a trustee of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists.

*Add it to your Google Calendar*

With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming
webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then
optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into
your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do
not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.

<http://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fcalendar%2Ffeeds%2Flegacyfamilytree.com_1dbb76rklg9uqeajd75dr9odnk%2540group.calendar.google.com%2Fpublic%2Fbasic>

*Webinar time*

The webinar will be live on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at:

   - 8pm Eastern (U.S.)
   - 7pm Central
   - 6pm Mountain
   - 5pm Pacific

Or use this Time Zone Converter
<http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc>.

*Here's how to attend:*

   1. Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/bcg
   <http://www.familytreewebinars.com/bcg> today. It's free!
   2. You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the
   webinar.
   3. You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the
   live webinar.
   4. Calculate your time zone by clicking here
   <http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc>.
   5. Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your
   computer. Check at www.java.com.
   6. Check your GoToWebinar connection here

<http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Webinar/help_files/G2W060001?title=Test+Your+Connection+before+Your+Session%7D>
   .
   7. Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails)
   prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited
   to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
   8. Listen via headset (USB headsets

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00906E03I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00906E03I&linkCode=as2&tag=legfamtre-20>
work
   best), your computer speakers, or by phone.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Thanks,

Geoff Rasmussen
Millennia Corporation
ge...@legacyfamilytree.com