What must be ke]the in mind is the difference between u]date and upgrade...
u]dates are indeed free, upgrades from 1 version to another do indeed cost.
Too see what, go to the Web page and on the ribbon at bottom of logo on
top, find store and click... then find upgrades on left side... compare to
the upgrade price to find out... knowing that the upgrade will be the
download only version... (install and put in customer#).... yes, the black
fri. deal was best by about $4... for the download only version of 8. The
normal price for a upgrade is 19.98 I believe for the download only of
program. So it 14.98 for a new 8 + upgrade... yes. I am uncertain but
normal price for a new licensed deluxe is either 24.98 or 29.98... thus 10
off would be 14.98, same as black friday, or 19.98... but as I said, no
substitute to looking for yourself.