On my test/game PC (running Windows 10), I installed the latest Legacy free version, opened the Sample file, and did a SAVE AS and called it DUP1 and DUP2. Now, when I right click on the Windows 10 Legacy icon, I see those OTHER files listed (the DUPs), but I do NOT see SAMPLE.

It doesn't matter if the icon is pinned or not - I still see the SAVE AS list in Windows 10, but not Windows 7. NOTE however that the original file never shows up in that list. It only shows up if I do a FILE, SAVE AS and overwrite the SAMPLE file.

Bob

On 03/28/2017 01:21, Jean Gobel wrote:
I get exactly the same as Gloria if I right click on the icon in the Windows
10 Task bar: Legacy 8, Unpin from Taskbar, and Close Window.  I do get a
list of the eight (I'm a divider) most recently opened family files when
left-clicking the big blue Legacy L at upper left (right clicking only
addresses the ribbon).
JeanG

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Kelly
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 6:59 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Family File

No, they did mean the icon on the Windows task bar. When you right click
on a Windows task bar icon you can see a list of recently opened files.
This only applies however if you have used multiple files. Someone who
is always working with the same family file will not see this list.

If you do open a file using this method apparently Option 1.2 will
change to "Open last used family file" replacing any option you had
previously set for this.

Brian Kelly