You are missing an important Windows tool for finding missing screens that will let you find the screen without using the three finger salute (CTRL-ALT-DEL).

When you think a window has opened off the visible screens hold ALT and click the spacebar. This will open a windows menu for the current (hidden) screen. One of the options there is move. The position of the menu will give you a clue as to where the hidden screen is located. It will be on the side of the monitor where that screen should be.

Select move then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the hidden window into view. When it is fully visible click enter to exit the move mode.

Legacy should remember the last place a screen was opened/closed and reopen it there. In older version those screen locations were stored in the Legacy2.usr file. If they still use that file you will find it in your _AppData\Usr folder. Deleting that file is major surgery because it will reset all screens back to their default sizes and locations.

Brian Kelly