From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of Jane Sarles
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:51 PM
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Web page creation

So......can someone enlighten me as to what TNG is?  I googled it and got
mostly Star Trek stuff - nothing relating to genealogy web pages.

Jane

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Ward Walker <wnkwal...@rogers.com
<mailto:wnkwal...@rogers.com> > wrote:

Since creating or updating a web site can be something done infrequently, I
suggest creating a cheat sheet of all the detailed steps from start to finish.
It can be a simple text file. When you go back a few months or years later, you
have it all spelled out for you.

I prefer the presentation of TNG over the Legacy-created web pages, but there
certainly were a few tricky bits to get everything set up well. My cheat sheet
is 2 1/2 pages long, with sections for the TNG file structure, the Legacy
export, media, the TNG import, the TNG template, and TNG backups. Also, the
instructions provided in the TNG readme.html file are crucial for initial setup.

 Ward
 (in Ottawa)

-----Original Message----- From: Joyce Herzog