Laurie,
That's your choice.
I mostly find obituaries in newspapers so I use my Master Source for that newspaper. If I had other sources for obituaries I'd have a Master Source for each obituary database.
I guess I'm a partial "lumper" when it comes to Master Sources.
A total "lumper" would have one Master Source regardless of where the obituary was from and put the all the information in the Source Detail. I don't like doing that as it requires too much repetition in data entry. A total "splitter" would have one Master Source per obituary and not use the Source Detail at all.
Again for me too much repetition in data entry.

Cathy

Laurie G wrote:

Does the category "obituaries" belong on the master source list, with
the details changing for each person for whom you have an obituary, or
does the obituary for EACH person belong on the master source list
(such as Smith, Charley obit, Taylor, Tom obit, etc.?)
Thanks,
Laurie