Ignore hints ?   Be selective,  Its not mandatory to follow up on them.

Ian

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 11:41 PM, Teresa Williams <teresa.willi...@gmx.us>
wrote:

> It sounds crazy to be complaining about too many hints, but I'm swamped. I
> have 572 people in my direct line + spouses + a few others.
>
> And because they come from two close-knit Scottish communities, with much
> duplication of names, I have many hundreds of hints from FindMyPast. About
> 2/3 of the ones I have looked at are attached to the right person.
>
> How do people handle hints? is there a way to clear the hints for an
> individual without actually opening at least the hints page?
>
> I couldn't find a way to search for people who have, or do not have, hints
> pending. I can see them in the name list of course.
>
> Many hints are duplicates - e.g. a census record will turn up as a hint
> for husband, wife and children. With a large family the same hint might be
> reported 8 times.
>
> Any advice from the wise ones on the list?
>
> Teresa
>
> --

> Archives at:

  ICMac Sales:     Hobby consultant (1986r.)
Office hours:   10:00 Am - 5:00 PM  most days
              Macaulay Genealogy
                 Family Matters
      Ian Macaulay    of Carp, Ontario