From: LegacyUserGroup <legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com> on behalf of
Cathy Pinner <genea...@gmail.com>
Sent: December 3, 2017 12:00 AM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] MyHeritage DNA test

Leo,
It seems you need to learn more about DNA and DNA tests.

Here's why you can't just enter your DNA results for an autosomal test into
Legacy - it's several MB even when zipped.
You can enter an Event to track who has taken a DNA test.
You can also use Events, Tags and Hashtags to track the research you do on your
DNA matches.
There are numerous webinars on DNA.
Here is the link to an article Michele Simmons Lewis wrote on using Legacy to
track your DNA match research.
<http://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/2017/08/how-i-use-hashtags-to-track-my-dna-matches.html>
DNA research is complicated. Autosomal tests are proving very useful.

Cathy

Leo MacDonald wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I was expecting to be able to add my DNA results to my Legacy program,
I was quite disappoint ed to learn that what I had expected to receive
will not happen, this is the reply that I received when I inquired
about my DNA results.

There are three major types of genealogical DNA tests available: the
y-DNA test, the mtDNA test and the
autosomal DNA test. Each test produces different information.
MyHeritage offers the /*autosomal*/ DNA test
The MyHeritage DNA kit is an autosomal DNA test for genetic genealogy,
designed to discover and identify relatives and ancestors, through DNA
matches with MyHeritage's genealogical matching database.

Humans have 46 chromosomes. The MyHeritage DNA test looks at the first
44 'autosomal' chromosomes, that aren't the X or Y chromosomes
determining your gender, identifying linked DNA segments. It analyses
the DNA inherited from both your mother and father, four grandparents,
eight great-grandparents, and so on - to provide a breakdown of your
ethnic percentages and connect you with relatives descended from any
of your ancestral lines within approximately the last 6 generations.
Both men and women can take the MyHeritage DNA test and the results
are not limited to just the direct maternal or paternal lines.

Leo