On 14-Jan-18 07:09 PM, sa...@attglobal.net wrote:
Shared events put in standard words of Legacy’s choosing, not of my choosing. Copying events keeps the events as I add them.

Where does the wording vary in a way you don't want it to?

The main reason I did not convert Census Events to Shared Census Events is because I use the Event Desc field to enter the details of each Individual as included on the Census. (Exammple: Jane Godrich; wife; married; aged 66; born in Gosport Hampshire.)

By editing the Role of Household Member, I could create a standard Sentence which reads, for example: She appeared as a Household Member in the household of William Allsop GODRICH in the England Census on 02 April 1871 at 10, High Street, Winchester, Hampshire, England. The household comprised William Allsop Godrich 3190 & his wife Jane Paul 46.

As I have played around with this and written this, it occurs to me that if I included the full details of each household member in the Notes (where I currently list them as "The household comprised ...) I could use Sharing for a Census Event which would incorporate all the information I want without me having to do any editing for each person, as I currently do.

I think I could, anyway! I will try this out a bit more, but I must admit the idea of changing all my current 2,604 Census Events to Shared Census Events is somewhat daunting!

--
Jenny M Benson
http://jennygenes.blogspot.co.uk/