I have an unusual question.  My father was born in 1918 (I have his birth
certificate, and mutiple corroborations of this).  He appears with his
family on the 1930 and 1940 census, but is not listed on the 1920 census.
His parents are there, as well as his older brothers.

My thoughts about how to handle this are to make an event for the 1920
census (that is how I handle all the census reports) and note that he is
not listed on it, though parents and older siblings are.

Is there a better way to note this apparent error?

Holly