Dennis

Location #### not found (###,##) means that you've used List Cleanup or purged "unused" locations.

There's a bug where if a location is ONLY used in a Story it is purged leading to this error.

You need to find the relevant story which is usually found on the person with RIN equal to the first number in the bracket. So find RIN 1009 and you'll see this error when you look at the Stories. Click through and fix the location and all should be well.

Do another Check/Repair and keep away from List Cleanup, which is only really needed if you are importing files a lot, at least until this bug is fixed.

I suspect this will fix the Error 3021 as well in this case. I'm not aware of it being connected.

Cathy

Dennis Murphy wrote:

Error 3021

This is not the first fight with this Error Number but it's the first
one on which all the Help menu suggestions fail to solve. The final
resort and ultimate "import to Gedcom" has not and likely, will not,
be attempted due to it's source alterations.

I have run the Check & Repair multiple times, even twice in one
complete Maintenance session. I have rebooted computer, tried again.
Not sure if reinstalling the Legacy program will work but that may be
next.

The error message reads" Location 19152 not found (1009, 81) Error
3021" It pops up every time I try to export a portion of my large
database to smaller Legacy family files. Running File Maintenance on
the master or larger database produces no errors; it only happens on
the attempted extraction of portions of the larger file - at least
that's when I notice it always.

My questions:
Does "Location 19152" refer to a specific geographical location?
How or where can it be found?
Do the numbers in parentheses refer to individual ID numbers where the
location is missing?

I have the latest Legacy build but hope for a new update soon to see
if that will fix the problem. There seems to be a lot of glitches
still floating around in Version 9 as these error messages pop up
quite often. Usually they can be fixed by following the suggestions
but these LOCATION ones seem to be a bear on the loose. Please help: I
am open to any and all suggestions

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Cathy Pinner <genea...@gmail.com